The Pena-Peck House is a historic residence, open as a museum with free tours. It was constructed circa 1750 for the Royal Treasurer, Juan Esteban de Pena. It is a fine example of the city's First Spanish Period homes, with the loggia and first floor little changed from its original appearance. The first story is constructed of native coquina stone. In 1837, a doctor named Seth Peck purchased the rundown property and added a second story of wood, for residential use, and his medical office was on the first floor. The Peck family occupied the house for nearly 100 years. In 1931, the last family member Anna Gardener Burt willed the property to the city of St. Augustine to be open to the public as a museum. Mrs. Burt had been a founding member of non-profit The Women's Exchange, and the organization stepped forward to maintain and operate the museum. A state grant allowed extensive renovation in 1968.
The Women's Exchange of St. Augustine keeps the house museum alive, maintaining the beautifully furnished and decorated house and gardens and running a gift shop full of treasures. Volunteers guide visitors through the museum, which is filled with Peck family furnishings, many of which are priceless antiques. The Exchange raises funds from guided tour donations, gift shop sales, and special events such as weddings and luncheons hosted at the Pena-Peck House.
Tours are offered daily. Located at 143 St George St, St. Augustine FL