Q: Are myths about bed and breakfast outdated?
Yes. In bed and breakfast inns today, generally
- privacy is respected and is not an issue
- you don't have to sit with strangers at breakfast - unless you'd like to!
- you are not required to eat at specific times, at a specific table
- noise is not any different than at hotels and other lodging types
- rates are not necessarily more expensive than hotels in the same area, particularly when amenities and other factors are taken into account
- they can accommodate business travelers as well as vacationers
- they are not run by innkeepers as a "hobby" - these are serious businesses